Sunday, March 17, 2013

This I Believe...


This I Believe…

           
           My family has a dog named Roxie. He’s a huge fluffy golden retriever—he has great big ears, a very large head, and a laid-back, mellow personality. My sister was the one that really wanted a dog and surprise surprise my parents bought her Roxie.

Some years later, now in high school, I went home one afternoon after having had an emotional breakdown. My whole life was upside down; the situation was tough and saddening. I felt hollow, dead, an empty shell of a person. Then I found Roxie, laying in one of his usual spots on the ground. He’d been asleep, but he lifted his head and looked at me with his sweet hazelnut brown puppy eyes. I stroked his head ever so gently, scratching his chin (his favorite spot)  I moved my hand down to scratch his back and sides, and he stretched lazily, showing  his belly so that it could be rubbed as well, giving me looks of absolute adoration. My heard warmed, forgetting the thought of what had happened earlier.

At that point, it hit me: not matter how tough some thing in life may be, no matter how badly I fail, I will always have my family friends to support be and be by my side. I believe family is so crucial. I believe that real love, whether it comes from a family member, a friend, or a dog, love is offered unconditionally. Love doesn’t consider past transgressions; love doesn’t wait to make sure it will be returned; love isn’t looking for something better and settling for less. Without my family and friends, I would be nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment