Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Glass Castle Book Project


Quotes about Mom

1. "Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love." -- Stevie Wonder

 

   2. "My Mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. I attribute all my success in my life to the moral, intellectual, and physical education I received from her." -- George Washington


         
Moms tone and the way she acts portrays how the mood and themes of the book change. One great example of this was when Dad was telling stories of his past and how him and Mom first met, the way she set herself in those situations and the situations that she faces today really not only shows how strong of a character she really is but how she is also so very similar to Jeannette which makes me believe that she is one of the biggest inspirations to her.
          
         A mom is one of the biggest inspirations in a persons life. 
        

         




Provide a Visual of a Texture


  • Jeannette Walls' mom, Rose Mary is the kindest person I have ever heard of, her overall mindset is always so incredibly optimistic and nice, which is why I compared her to an apple
  • Apple are nice and smooth on the outside and soft on the inside and most of what Rose Mary does, as a mother, is very similar in a way that shes very built and mentally tough on the outside yet she has a soft side to her and her true personality really comes out.
  • Then the core of the apple represents her tough struggles through life and the "migration" from each area to another, as they always do, just like how the apple is and how the aspect of the apple being plucked from the tree it was grown from and then just all of sudden shipped across the country to a place where its needed. Rose Mary doesn't mind traveling so much as she does. Living a dynamic life of many strengths and weaknesses, the daily struggle doesn't take a toll on her mentality.




No comments:

Post a Comment